Lead Data Scientist
Ravelin is pioneering the use of machine learning in the prevention of e-commerce fraud and has been very successful in the four years we have been in operation. Companies all over the world are accepting more transactions with fewer chargebacks thanks to our machine learning-based approach to fraud prevention.
You will be joining to lead the Detection team. The Detection team is responsible for keeping fraud rates low, and clients happy, by continuously retraining and deploying fraud detection models. When the models are not performing as expected, it’s down to the Detection team to investigate why.
The Detection team is core to Ravelin’s success. We work closely with the Data Engineering team who build Golang infrastructure to power our latest machine learning creations and the ex-military, ex-police client operations team who liaise with clients and investigate new fraud patterns.
In this role, you will manage the Data Scientists in the team and collaborate with the Head of Machine Learning. Our ideal candidate is pragmatic, enthusiastic, calm and filled with knowledge tempered by past failures. We will help you grow technical skills, management experience, and teach you all about fraud and the technology we employ to stop it.
- Performance of our machine-learning fraud detection models
- Manage people within the team - one-to-ones, hiring, reviews, prioritising work
- Occasional client communication
- The Python data stack (Golang a bonus)
- Deploying models to production and machine learning production infrastructure
- Developing robust data and training pipelines
- Analysing and explaining model decisions
- Managing, mentoring and hiring teams
- Experience working in a B2B machine learning company (preferred)
- Competitive Salary & Equity Package
- 25 days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Flexible Working Hours / WFH
- Learning & Development Allowance
- Volunteer Opportunities & Charity Donations
- Fortnightly Pod Lunches
- Office Snacks & Drinks
- Quarterly Company Socials
- Cycle-to-Work and Childcare Schemes
- Office Yoga, Football, and Board Game/Movie Nights
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.