Ravelin is pioneering the use of machine learning in the prevention of e-commerce fraud and has been very successful in the four years we have been in operation. Companies all over the world are accepting more transactions with fewer chargebacks thanks to our machine learning-based approach to fraud prevention.
We are looking for a core member of our Engineering team to help drive the development of our mobile components. You'll bring talent and dedication, along with the ability to work in our dynamic and agile environment. We want you to be excited to learn new skills and be a voice in the direction and design of our mobile applications.
In this role, you’ll work closely with the rest of the Engineering team, Product Managers and Data Scientists. You’ll be essential in the development and integration of the Android platform as well as manage the application release cycle.
- Design and build advanced applications and libraries for the Android platform
- Work closely in an agile cross functional environment with product, engineering and other teams
- Identify and fix functional, security and performance related bugs
- Help maintain code and environment quality
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximise development efficiency
- Help manage the Android application release cycle
- 2+ years minimum experience in Android mobile development
- Proven strong knowledge of Android SDK across different versions of the Android platform
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, release cycles, processes and best practices
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Work with outside data source, REST APIs and API calls to access backend servers
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient in the use of Git and development environment tooling
- Competitive Salary & Equity Package
- 25 days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Flexible Working Hours / WFH
- Learning & Development Allowance
- Volunteer Opportunities & Charity Donations
- Fortnightly Pod Lunches
- Office Snacks & Drinks
- Quarterly Company Socials
- Cycle-to-Work and Childcare Schemes
- Office Yoga, Football, and Board Game/Movie Nights
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Please note that if you do not have permission to work in the UK, Ravelin will not be able to obtain a certificate of sponsorship for you to take up this position. All non EU/EEA applicants must have valid immigration status and/or a valid UK visa in order to be considered for the role.