Software Engineer - Internship
Ravelin is looking for an Intern to help build a high volume fraud technology platform within a small tech team. You will be exposed to all aspects of the company, as well as getting first hand experience in production systems. Here at Ravelin, we believe that automation is paramount and we practice a strict continuous deployment policy. We embrace open source and begin with the mindset of writing our software to be public.
- Golang (Golang)
- Python used in heavy Data Science areas
- Front-End (client-facing and internal)
- Angular + TypeScript
- Docker to standardise deployment and management across multiple languages and environments
Code for Humans
Your machine is happy if it compiles; your team is happy if they can understand what it does. Your pull requests are succinct and a pleasure to review, you have unit tests where it matters, and you understand that the code is not, in fact, the documentation.
Tools for the Team
Whether it’s a smart command line utility or a core internal library, you excel at improving everyone’s lives by removing repetition & common sources of error, and by solving hard problems in accessible ways.
- Working with the Back-End and Front-End stack in a Full-Stack Engineer role
- Build reliable internal processes
- Work with complete autonomy
- Opportunities to work with the Data Science team (not the primary focus of the internship)
- Currently pursuing a BSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Experience in systems software or algorithms
- Experience with software engineering tools
- Experience with frontend frameworks like Angular and React
- Excellent implementation skills (C++, Java, Python, Golang)
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux environments and APIs
- Willing to learn new skills
- Competitive Salary & OTE + Equity Package
- 25 Days Time Off + Holidays
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Volunteer Opportunities & Charity Donations
- Fortnightly Team Demos
- Fortnightly Pod Lunches
- Quarterly Company Socials
- Flexible Working Hours
- Office Yoga, Football, and Board Game/Movie Nights
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.