Back-End Engineer (Senior)
Ravelin is pioneering the use of machine learning in the prevention of e-commerce fraud and has been very successful in the four years we have been in operation. Companies all over the world are accepting more transactions with fewer chargebacks thanks to our machine learning-based approach to fraud prevention.
Ravelin is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to own the development of a high volume fraud technology platform within a small tech team. You will be encouraged to have opinions about the strategic direction of the company and products, as well as owning the development team from the front.
In the day-to-day work, you’ll be working closely with our skilled engineers to build internal processes that are so reliable they melt into the background and run software at scale under real-world conditions.
Ravelin also encourages learning and development of new and existing skills (machine learning, neural networks, python, Golang, cloud automation etc).
- Developing reliable and resilient software
- Working closely with Data Scientists, Data Engineers and Product Managers
- Build internal process and tools
- Build microservice architecture using Go
- Contribute with ideas and suggestions
- Substantial and demonstrable experience in a programming language(s)
- Understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experience with Database (design principles)
- Working experience with testing and quality
- Knowledge of Version control
- Experience with Golang
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies (GCP, AWS, or Azure)
- Agile software development
- Micro-services architecture
- Containerisation (Docker, KVM, Kubernetes, etc)
- Knowledge of CI/CD
- Competitive Salary & Equity Package
- 25 days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
- Flexible Working Hours / WFH
- Learning & Development Allowance
- Volunteer Opportunities & Charity Donations
- Fortnightly Pod Lunches
- Office Snacks & Drinks
- Quarterly Company Socials
- Cycle-to-Work and Childcare Schemes
- Office Yoga, Football, and Board Game/Movie Nights
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Salary range: £50,000 - £85,000
Closing date for applications: 22 February 2019